3.12.2008

Rollercoaster

Well, my blogging habits are poor but this month has been crazy so I guess you will just have to deal with it!

So much has happened and changed but first I have to come clean on something. Dave and I have cheated about four times since February 5th on the Lent of no drinking. I guess God has had to turn a blind eye. One cheat was after Dave's marathon. He did so great and he deserved that free beer...and the six pack of Abita that we split later. We have needed a little stress relief bottles of wine as well so that is the other three or four times. The good part is that we are drinking a lot less when we do drink. I have also lost about 5 pounds by changing nothing other than limiting alcohol. We also both feel a lot better. On a day to day basis we will probably never go back to daily drinking. It's cheaper, healthier, and when we do drink it takes a hell of a lot less to get a nice warm buzzy.

Other interesting facts that most of you know.
-I am moving to Los Angeles on Saturday. I will start a 3 month contract there. Dave will remain with the boat for now until it sells.
-We officially filed the 1023 which is the application for 501c3 non profit status for A Good Day Inc. As it is the government, we will hear something back anywhere between three weeks and 6 months. Check out
-I went back to work for a month contract in Franklinton, LA where I used to work. I learned you shouldn't always go back if you get the chance. Sometimes but not always.

Well, that is my random update of a blog. I will try to be better about having interesting things to report.

The following links are to two articles written about Dave. One is from the Daily Sentinel in GJ and the other is from the GJ Free Press. An article in MD Anderson's Network Newsletter will come out later this month. I will send it on!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW was here.