4.15.2008

Southern Cali

I can't believe that it has been over a month since I blogged. I guess life has been crazy but still no excuse.

I am starting into my fifth week here in L.A. at a Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facility. It is a fast paced place where most people are there only temporarily to get stronger so they can go home. I am enjoying getting to know a new culture: Filipino's! Most of my coworkers are Filipino people who have been here for less than 5 years. Most of them are around my age and after a couple of weeks, they took me in....I do stand out though as I am about a foot taller and several shades lighter but they are some of the nicest people I know. There are always other languages going on around me, whether it be Togalo or Spanish.

I am staying with my cousin Jamie and her husband Tom, the dog Guinness, and their four year old son John. Life is rarely boring or quiet around here. I am learning lots of things though from the latest and greatest TV shows (sponge bob, the back yardagains, and my favorite, Cyberchase)to bath time, story time, and the trial and tribulations of getting a four year old to eat and sleep when and where you want them to! Guiness and I go on walks or jogs around the neighborhood just about daily.

I am getting ready to head back to New Orleans this weekend. My parents, Dave's mom, and my in-laws Karen and Marcus are going on a cruise to celebrate Dave's mom's 70th birthday. We visit two different places in Mexico and have two day at sea. It should be a great time. Since my dad has worked very hard this tax season as well as Jo who works at H & R block, this will be a welcomed vacation for all.

This has been a tough month without Dave here with me but we are both taking it in stride. We have been reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and following along with Oprah's webcast classes on the book. It is an AMAZING book and although difficult to read, is one of the more life changing books I have ever read. I am definitely finding more peace in my life.

I guess that is about it for now!

No comments: