2.05.2008

Mardi Gras 2008

Well, long time no blog. Life has been one big transitional living out of a suitcase sort of month. I am pretty ready to get into a normal routine. Now, if I could only figure out what "normal" will consist of.

I know two things right now. First, I have had a great Mardi Gras. For those of you that are confused, Dave and I got to Louisiana about two weeks ago. Mardi Gras was early this year. Just about as early as it can be. I don't know how they figure out when Mardi Gras, Lent, and Easter is but I know it is something to do with the moon, Elvis, a wearing polka dot underwear. Anyway, everyone feared a frigid Mardi Gras. I have never seen a warm one where you could go without a jacket and this was my fourth carnival season. How awesome and welcomed was the 80 degree weather all weekend! No rain, mild temps, and the resurrection and improvement of the Mardi Bra. I don't have a pic but the Mardi Bra is so much fun because I can flash my you-know-whats without having to show a thing. It is so much fun. My uncle came for his first Mardi Gras season and has enjoyed it and also wondered at the freakiness that only Mardi Gras brings out in people. We have been to parades all weekend and went down to the Bourbon Street and the French Quarter.

Okay, now I said I know two things, and believe or not, that was only one. The other is this---I am sucking down the wine tonight. Every year I try to give up something for lent. I am not religious by any means so wipe that surprised look off your face! I just like the practice of lent. Usually I give something up that is pretty easy. This year, however, Dave and I are giving up alcohol. This may sound easy to some of you but for those of us in the habit of daily wine drinking, it is going to be a large adjustment. I am looking forward to it though and I think my parents are joining us on this tour. We want to see how much money we save and how much weight we all lose. Seems like a win-win to me as long as it works.

Well, that is about all you are going to get from me tonight. I am tired and I have a mild case of "bead neck" which makes writing even more difficult. Happy Mardi Gras everybody!

No comments: