1.07.2008

Home sweet home!

In my opinion, you can always go home again. To me, no matter where I live or for how long I am gone, Grand Junction is and will forever be "home" to me. With the amount of traveling that Dave and I do, we always say that wherever we are at the time is home. While this is true, GJ holds my roots and if you hear me talk about going home, this is where I am referring to.
We have had a fast week and a half. I finished work on the 27th of December and we flew from Honolulu to Los Angeles on the 31st. We spent New Year's with our cousins Tom and Jamie, their four-year-old John and their dog Guinness. We had a nice visit with them--very relaxing and not very cold. We even went running along the beach which we felt comfortable with since we just spent 9 months running around Hawaii. On the third we flew HOME. We have had a nice relaxing, yet busy time here. There is always a lot of visiting to do. We went to my Grandma's new house in Delta yesterday, saw my Uncle the day before and went to dinner at a friends house.
Our biggest ordeal, which is ALWAYS is, is unpacking, shrinking down the pile, and re-packing all our junk. We have finally obtained a storage unit which is going to make life a lot easier. My parents were starting to get a little over run with all of the Massey boxes labeled "keepsakes". My mom actually speerheaded the acquisition of the storage unit.
We will be hanging out here for a couple of weeks and then we will head over the hills to Denver and on down to Louisiana as weather permits. We are aiming to be down there by the 27th. Our goal at this time will be to sell the @#$%^& boat. It is true what they say....the two best days of your life is when you buy your boat and when you sell your boat.
That's about it from this end. Everyone in our crew is happy, healthy and basically complaint free. We almost don't know what to do with ourselves! Our biggest challenge is trying to find ice free areas to run. It has snowed just enough every day that we have been here to keep things slickened up.
Until next time!

No comments: