12.31.2007

Aloha Oe Hawaii!


Well, the time has come. End of the year, end of our time in Hawaii. I am happy, sad, nostalgic---but mostly I am scared of the single digit temperatures that await in Colorado!
On Thursday I said goodbye to my co-workers, on Friday we said goodbye again at happy hour and today we say goodbye to the island life for awhile. We have had an amazing time here. Of course spending hours out in the tropical sun is never bad but we have also used this time to renew our spirits. We have seen 793 rainbows, took 4 interisland trips, trained for and completed a marathon, went camping twice, saw some turtles, fed the fish, took a submarine ride, had 6 sets of visitors (although 2 sets were my sister), Dave turned 50, I turned 30, Dave formatted and published his book, gave talks/book signings at both cancer centers on Oahu, and we started our own company. We also spent two weeks in Colorado to celebrate my sister's graduation and help my mom after hip surgery. I gotta say it's been an amazing year. We are thankful that our friends and family are healthy and happy. We look forward to 2008 and hope our paths cross with each and every one of you soon!

No comments: