12.25.2007

Live the magic of Christmas

This is a sentence I pulled from my friend Chris' blog. In talking about her young nieces and nephews, she stated "they still live the magic of Christmas".
Before I went to her page, I was wondering, has all the magic gone out of Christmas?

I went to work today. I don't know one good reason why people need OT on Christmas Day but at time and a half, I wasn't going to argue. Having Christmas in Hawaii is like, well, basically any other day in Hawaii. It is warm, green, and sunny. No white Christmas here. We went to breakfast before Dave took me to work. I left about an hour early. Nothing too special.

When I got home, we went for a walk along the beach. Just like any other day in Hawaii. I called my family. They were playing cards together. I must admit, but you didn't hear it here, I am a wee bit homesick. Sounded like they were having fun but we will be there soon enough.

This morning as I got ready for work the Peanut's Christmas Song entered my head. You know the one....Christmas Time is Here....Lalalalala. SOmething something, and cheer. At work my friend Karen said she had the same song in her head because the child in us wakes up excited, saying "Christmas is here"!

But now at the end of the day, I am wondering, is it still magical? Was today like any other day? Is it what they all say? Are we too OLD for Christmas?

Then I realized this---you are my magic. Each and every one of you. You help me live the magic of Christmas by your friendship, excitement, and love. Christmas is still magical to me because you all live in me.

Mele Kalikimaka to everyone and thank you for the magic that you all brought to me this Christmas.

No comments: